Interesting facts about Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center
* 2,883 guest rooms in hotel
* 600,000 square feet of meeting space
* 21 public elevators
* 105 ice machines
* 269 coolers and freezers
* Weight of glass in Delta Atrium – 650 tons
* Gallons of water in the Delta River – 394,474
* Plants in the Delta – 30,000
* Plants in the three gardens, 50,000
* 280,620 dozen eggs prepared each year
* 2.08 million slices of bacon prepared each year
* 27,056 gallons of orange juice served each year
* 50,261 gallons of milk served each year
* Bellmen walk roughly 12 miles a day
* Bellmen handle 76,800 suitcases during the busiest month in November assisting more than 351,196 guests per year.
* Bell staff walks 249,600 miles a year (or 10 times around the globe annually)
* Power generation – enough to operate 150,000 100-watt light bulbs and electricity for 4,313 homes
* 10,581 cruises onboard the The General Jackson since 1985
* 5.7 million passengers aboard the showboat
* 138,972 miles traveled in showboat
Gaylord Opryland visitor information
* For more information about the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, the address is 2800 Opryland Drive – Nashville, TN 37214-1297. Or check out the Website at www.gaylordopryland.com. Call 1-888-976-2000 for more information.
* Take I-565 west to I-65. Take the Nashville exit on I-65.
* Once you are in Nashville, take the Briley Parkway east exit to Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. Follow the signs to the complex from Briley Parkway to Opryland Drive.