Senior Center calender
There is plenty to do at the Madison Senior Center on Hughes Road.
Here is a calendar of events scheduled now through Sept. 30.
* Surprise Wednesday Raffle – (Surprise Wednesday Raffle is held each Wednesday at noon through Aug. 28
* King and Queen for a day – Aug. 23 at noon
* Farmer's Market – Aug. 26 at noon
* CLOSED FOR LABOR DAY ON SEPT. 2
* Art Class – Sept. 6 at 10 a.m.
* Shopping in Lynchburg, Tenn. and lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's – Sept. 10 at 9 a.m.
* Deaf Awareness Program – Sept. 18 at noon
* Fall Frolic – Sept. 20
* Garden Club – Sept. 24 at 10:30 a.m.
* Scott's Orchard for apples – Sept. 25 at 9 a.m.
* King and Queen for a day – Sept. 27 at 12:30 p.m.
* Farmer's Market – Sept. 30 at noon
* The center's Meals on Wheel's program needs volunteers to help to deliver hot meals for senior shut-ins. There are two routes of deliveries for as many as 12 people each day. Two volunteers are needed to staff each route and at least 40 volunteers are needed each week to make deliveries. For more information about volunteering for the Meals on Wheel's program, call the Madison Senior Center at 830-1576.
(Lunch is served every weekday at 11:30 a.m.)
For more information, call Judy Meiers or Joy Edwards at 830-1576.