Madison County Schools to hold kindergarten registration March 10-14
Madison County Schools will conduct its kindergarten registration on March 10-14.
* Kindergarten children must be five years of age on or before Sept. 1. If a child's proof of birth indicates that the child's fifth birthday is on or before Sept. 2, the child will be entitled to admission into kindergarten.
* First grade children must be six years of age on or before Sept. 1. If a child's proof of birth indicates that the child's sixth birthday is on or before Sept. 2, the child will be entitled to admission into first grade.
* Parents are required to bring the child's birth certificate and up to date blue immunization card including chickenpox documentation.
* Chickenpox documentation is required for kindergarten registration and first grade.
To register, the parents must provide one of the following: Documentation of chickenpox vaccination or verification by parents that the child has had chickenpox.
* Each child enrolling in kindergarten and first grade shall have a social security number and a valid social security card to be presented to school officials at the time of pre-registration/registration for verification. Cards should be returned to the parent or guardian. These records must be provided before the child is enrolled in August.
* Caution should be taken to insure that students register in the school zone in which they reside.
For more information, call the Madison County School System at 852-2557.