Town Madison inks Home2 Suites by Hilton as first hotel
MADISON – Developers have confirmed the first hotel for Town Madison.
Home2 Suites by Hilton will be built at the corner of Wall Triana and I-565, near the headquarters of Intergraph/Hexagon. West End at Town Madison, this component of the campus, eventually will add restaurants, offices, well-known retailers and other attractions.
Louis Breland of the Breland Companies and Jeff Fuqua from Fuqua Development announced the agreement on May 19. The hotel will cater both to extended-stay and overnight travelers and feature several amenities such as a pool, fitness center, an airport shuttle and Inspired Table, a complimentary breakfast concept.
“We are excited to welcome this Hilton concept to Town Madison.” Breland said. “We heard loud and clear from businesses and families that Madison needs more hotel rooms. We have responded with a hotel that is perfect for the business traveler or families visiting for athletic events or family functions.”
Home2 Suites by Hilton will be the first new hotel constructed in Madison since 2012 and will be first of several planned new hotels across the project. Home2 Suites by Hilton will feature 107 suite-style rooms and represent a $14-million investment. Plans call for construction to start summer 2017 and require 12 months to complete.
Also during the week of May 15, the Breland Companies and Fuqua Development announced a 280-unit luxury apartment project. Construction also will begin on the first phase of the master planned single-family and townhouse development that will include 200 residences. Together, these three announcements represent more than $107 million of investment for the 530 acres of Town Madison.
Town Madison will have neighborhoods or distinct components concentrating everyday needs for residents: *
* The Exchange – Traditional, large-format retail stores for clothing, shoes, makeup, furniture, electronics, videos, games, food, pharmaceuticals and dining.
* The District — North Alabama’s premier outlet mall experience featuring chic boutiques and trendy retailers, along with a new Food Hall concept.
* Avenue Z — Mixed-use luxury apartments within walking distance of shops, restaurants, offices, hotel, parks and an entertainment district with movie theatre.
* The Heights – Upscale single-family homes, town homes and condominiums with a village square and unique shops, parks and restaurants in walking distance.
* The Commons — Living options with beautiful homes, condominiums, townhomes and spacious apartments. This neighborhood’s amenities will include shops and restaurants.
* West End — Home2 Suites by Hilton will be the first hotel, with plans for offices, retailers and dining adjacent to Wall Triana.
“All the pieces are falling in place for Town Madison.” Breland said. “Now that the roads are built and the new interchange is under construction, we will continue to see more tenant announcements, including the retail, entertainment and restaurants that follow the residential announcements in these types of mixed-use developments.”
The official website for Town Madison now is available at townmadison.com.