Job seekers encouraged to attend Second Chance Job Fair Feb. 27
HUNTSVILLE — The Huntsville/Madison County Chamber is collaborating with the local Alabama Career Center, the Alabama Community College System, other nonprofits, and community agencies to help bridge the gap between under-resourced job seekers and employers.
The Second Chance Job Fair will provide opportunities for individuals who are unemployed, underemployed, have dropped out of high school, who are not achieving their full potential, or are in need of a second career chance.
The job fair is on Wednesday, Feb. 27 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Jaycee Community Building, located at 2180 Airport Rd. SW in Huntsville.
According to Claire Aiello, vice president of marketing and communications for the H/MC Chamber, more than 60 companies and community agencies have signed up to participate in the job fair. “We’re thrilled,” she said. “Many companies will be hiring on the spot.”
The mission of this initiative is to assist local companies in finding capable workers and to empower members of the local community by improving their quality of life and financial stability.
There is no cost for companies or job seekers, and more than 60 companies and community agencies are registered to participate. Employers represent a variety of industries, including hospitality, home care, construction, home improvement, staffing, and financial services. Job seekers should come prepared to interview, dressed for success with resumes in hand.
“We encourage them to be ready to shake hands and be confident about their abilities, because opportunity awaits – even if it’s in a field they might not have worked in before,” Aiello said.
Job candidates needing assistance with resumes ahead of time are encouraged to visit the Alabama Career Center, located at 2535 Sparkman Drive in Huntsville.
Job seekers do not need to register for this event. For more information on the job fair, visit cm.hsvchamber.org/events/details/2019-second-chance-job-fair-8184.
The following is a list of companies and agencies registered to participate at the Job Fair:
- Ability Plus
- Alabama A&M University
- Alabama Lawn Master Inc.
- Alabama Non-Violent Offenders Organization
- All Clean
- Alliance HR
- Always There In Home Care
- American Senior Assistance Programs Inc.
- Army Air Force Exchange Service
- As Close As Family of Madison County
- Automation Personnel Services Inc.
- Bailey Consulting Services
- Bank Independent
- BBVA Compass
- Buffalo Rock
- Candlewood Suites Huntsville
- Capital Management Services (CMS Huntsville)
- Census Bureau
- Christian Women’s Job Corps
- Coast Personnel Services
- Community Action Partnership Huntsville/Madison & Limestone Co.
- Davidson Technologies
- DOL/Chugach/Job Corps
- Drake State Community & Technical College
- Five Star Food Service
- Gemstone Foods, LLC
- Global Team Staffing
- H & R Block
- Home Depot
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Huntsville Career Center
- Huntsville Hospital
- Huntsville/Madison County Builders Association
- Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Ingram State Technical College
- Innovative Mobile Solutions
- JesSpur Jobs
- Kids to Love Foundation
- Labor Finders
- Liberty National Life
- LifeSouth Community Blood Centers
- Lowe’s Home Center
- Lowe’s Home Improvement #0411
- Madison County Commission
- Maynard Cooper & Gale
- Modern Woodmen Fraternal Financial – Steve Sutton, FIC
- Onin Staffing
- PESG – Professional Educational Staffing Group
- Phased N Research Inc.
- PM Construction Services
- Randstad VBC
- Right at Home In-Home Care & Assistance
- Robins & Morton
- Senior Helpers
- Sequel Youth and Family Services
- Smith Enterprises Inc.
- Spherion of Huntsville
- Stonecraft Construction, Division of Imagine Inc.
- Techni-Core Corporation
- The Lioce Group Inc.
- The Spencer Companies Inc.
- The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Troy University
- Turner Construction
- Two Men and a Truck
- United HealthCare
- United Methodist Children’s Home
- United Way of Madison County
- United Women of Color
- Valley Pizza Inc. (doing business as Domino’s)
- Vision of Learning Academy
- Vulcan Materials Company
- Waynes Environmental Services
- Wilson Lumber Company Inc.