College Application Week allows seniors to apply without fees
MADISON – Bob Jones High School is one of many Alabama schools that is participating in the 2020 Alabama College Application Week on Oct. 19-23. During this week, students can avoid paying fees to apply to numerous colleges and universities.
The U.S. Department of Labor estimates approximately 90 percent of America’s future careers will require employees to have postsecondary experience – an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree or even more levels.
“Our goal is that every senior will have submitted at least one completed application by Friday, Oct. 23,” Dr. Stephanie Bostick said. Bostick works as Bob Jones College and Career Counselor.
On Oct. 19, Alabama State Department of Education released this list of schools waiving their college application fee:
* Larger universities in Alabama – Auburn University, University of Alabama, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of Alabama in Huntsville.
* Other Alabama schools – Alabama A&M University, Alabama State University, Athens State University, Faulkner University, Huntingdon College, Jacksonville State University, Judson College, Marion Military Institute, Miles College, Samford University, Selma University, Spring Hill College, Stillman College, Talladega College, University of West Alabama, Troy University, Tuskegee University, University of Mobile, University of Montevallo, University of North Alabama, University of South Alabama.
* Florida — Bethune-Cookman University, Edward Waters College, Florida A&M University, Florida Southern College, University of West Florida.
* Georgia — Andrew College, Fort Valley State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Southwestern State University, Mercer University.
* Louisiana — University of New Orleans.
* Mississippi — Mississippi College.
* North Carolina — Belmont Abbey College.
* Ohio — Ohio University, University of Dayton.
* Tennessee — Cumberland University, Knoxville College, Lincoln Technical Institute, Lipscomb University, Maryville College, Tennessee Tech University, Union University.
* South Carolina — Allen University, Lander University, Wofford College.
To access the list, visit www.alsde.edu/sec/comm. In the “Press Room” section, click “News Releases.” In the “News Releases” section, click “ALABAMA STUDENTS CAN APPLY TO COLLEGE THIS WEEK WITHOUT FEES!”
Students can upload fee waivers for college admission applications from ACT SAT or NACAC, and then they can upload the waiver to the admission application. To upload, you must save the waiver as a PDF file to upload.
After a student submits their application, he or she must request a transcript from madisoncityal.scriborder.com.
For questions or comments, email Bostick at firstname.lastname@example.org.