Winter Knights tourney attracts 92 chess players
MADISON – The 2021 Winter Knights Scholastic Chess Tournament had 92 contestants playing on the ChessKid.com platform on Jan. 16.
* K-12 Section — Victor Lundy in first place followed by Xavier Bruni, second; Eddie Xiao, third; Steven Pan, fourth; Andrew Yang, fifth; Nirvana Rajbhandari, sixth; Rachael Ehrman, seventh; Aadi Saxena, eighth; Edward Calinsky, ninth; Constance Wang, tenth; and Kennedy Gore, Top Female.
* K-8 Section — Caleb Chen in first place followed by Anaya Naphade, second; Sahithi Mynampally, third; Marek Fries, fourth; Whitney Wadsworth, fifth; Oviya Gowder, sixth; Caroline Wang, seventh; Sai Mudium, eighth; Aaron Wiswesser, ninth; Zachary Holt, tenth; and Charlotte Burnett, Top Female.
* K-5 Section — Sophia Jerez in first place followed by Jethro Jones, second; Laya Gowder, third; Christina Yang, fourth; Andrew Tkach, fifth; Jaxon Kimberly, sixth; Caden Jordan, seventh; Noah Hsu, eighth; Emerson Phillips, ninth; Daniel Tkach, tenth; and Samsara Rajbhandari, Top Female.
* K-2 Section — Esteban Jerez in first place followed by Kylie Zou, second; Alice Zou, third; Remy Delmotte, fourth; Annabelle Hsu, fifth; Emory Howell, sixth; Shrabin Bista, seventh; Isaac Doyle, eighth; Jacob Bluestone, ninth; Cora Newberry, tenth; and Natalie Doe, Top Female.
* Non-Rated 3rd-5th Section — Victor Stephenson in first place followed by Seamus Bonebright, second; and Devansh Goyal, third.
* Non-Rated K-2nd Section — Jimmy McHugh in first place followed by Milan Malak, second; Mihir Narang, third; Avyaktha Subramania, fourth; Tyler Pysh, fifth; Cohen Phillips, sixth; and Aubrey Ring, Top Female.
In addition, Madison City Chess League conducted its annual meeting after the Winter Knights tournament and elected its board of directors. Officers are President Rosi Rajbhandari; Vice President Balaji Purushothaman; Secretary Ashley Lang; and Treasurer Erin Howell.
Madison City Chess League is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting chess education to youth in grades K-12. Instructors teach the children about life skills through the game of chess. For more information, write to P.O. Box 843, Madison, AL 35758; call 256-970-4762; email email@example.com or visit madisonchess.com.