Music Industry Career Fair & Community Expo returns to Huntsville Sept. 16
HUNTSVILLE –The Huntsville Music Office and Arts Huntsville will host the Music Industry Career Fair and Community Expo for its second year. This event will take place on Saturday, September 16, from 12pm – 2pm at the Von Braun Center in the East Hall, offering a platform for music enthusiasts and job seekers to connect with local industry opportunities.
The Music Industry Career Fair and Community Expo is a collaborative effort between the Huntsville Music Office and Arts Huntsville. “The expo is designed to bridge the gap between job seekers, volunteers, and Huntsville’s thriving music community,” said Arts Huntsville Executive Director Allison Dillion-Jauken. “This event provides another opportunity for music industry professional and the community at large to engage in Huntsville Music Month, and the Expo will offer a wide array of activities and opportunities for all attendees” added Dillon-Jauken.
Entertainment businesses and nonprofit arts organizations at the event will include:
- A Smart Place
- Alabama A&M University Music
- Alabama Youth Ballet
- Ars Nova
- Bluewood Productions
- Brass Band of Huntsville
- Broadway Theatre League
- Church Street Family
- Dance Theatre of Huntsville
- The DJ Kartel
- Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theatre and Academy
- Five Points Recording Studio
- Heard First Music
- Huntsville Ballet
- Huntsville City Schools
- Huntsville Community Chorus
- Huntsville Community Drumline
- Huntsville Concert Band
- Huntsville Hospital Music Therapy
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra
- Huntsville Youth Orchestra
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE)
- Independent Musical Productions
- Impresario Productions
- Lyrique Musical Productions
- Maitland Arts Initiative
- Merrimack Hall
- Opera Huntsville
- Randstad USA
- Rocket City Chorus
- Sound on the Hill
- Theatre Huntsville
- Turn Systems
- Valley Arts and Entertainment
- Valley Conservatory
- Tennessee Valley Jazz Society
Highlights of the event include:
- Job Opportunities: Local music-related businesses and organizations will be on-site, actively seeking new talent to join their teams. Whether you’re an aspiring musician, sound engineer, marketing professional, or event organizer, this event offers the chance to explore exciting career possibilities within the music industry.
- Volunteer Opportunities: For those looking to give back to the community and support the Huntsville music scene, numerous volunteer opportunities will be available. Join dedicated teams and make a difference in the vibrant music community.
- Networking: Connect with industry professionals, fellow music enthusiasts, and potential employers. This event provides a unique networking environment to foster connections and collaborations.
“Don’t miss this opportunity to immerse yourself in the dynamic world of music, discover exciting career prospects, and contribute to Huntsville vibrant music scene,” said City of Huntsville Music Officer Matt Mandrella. Admission to the Music Industry Career Fair and Community Expo is free and open to all ages.
Additional details can be found on the Huntsville Music Industry Career Fair and Community Expo Facebook event page. More information on #hsvmusicmonth can be found at https://huntsvillemusic.com/musicmonth/.
Information on Arts Huntsville can be found by visiting the Arts Huntsville website, calling 256-519-ARTS (2787) or following @ArtsHuntsville on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.