Nominations open for Bob Jones Hall of Fame
MADISON – Madison residents can honor individuals who enriched and boosted student life at Bob Jones High School. Nominations are open for the 2022 Hall of Fame.
“These individuals serve as role models for current and future Bob Jones students,” Amy Thaxton, Assistant Principal of Instruction, said.
Bob Jones High School Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding alumni who have maintained a high standard of excellence and made a significant contribution in their fields of endeavor, or persons who are not alumni but have made a significant contribution to the school in the form of leadership, service or other commitment.
A nominee can qualify from two categories:
* Alumni candidates – Graduated from Bob Jones at least 10 years ago. As a student, achieved significant accomplishments and contributed to the school with scholarship, service, leadership, in athletics or a combination of those options.
*Service candidates – Significantly contributed to Bob Jones, Madison City Schools, City of Madison or a combination of these institutions. Former employee must have retired from Bob Jones, is deceased or has not been employed at the school for 10 years minimum OR worked at the school for 10 years minimum. Currently does not work at and is not affiliated with Bob Jones.
All candidates for Hall of Fame must satisfy one or more options in the selection criteria:
* Excelled at post-secondary educational institutions, including degrees attained and fields of study.
* Attained professional background and work experiences.
* Completed impressive work for civic and community involvement.
* Attained awards, honors, offices held or other commendations.
* Contributed positive contributions to the City of Madison, statewide, globally or a combination of these options.
* Reached a combination of the previous commendations.
Hall of Fame inductees for 2021 were Matthew Balch, Taylor Edge, Nathan Lindsay, Beth Blalock Medley and Robby Parker.
Deadline for applications for online nominations of Hall of Fame is Aug. 19.
To access the Hall of Fame nomination form, visit the Bob Jones website and click the “Our School” dropdown menu. Click “Hall of Fame” and follow the directions to open the form.
For more information, email Thaxton at email@example.com.