Madison Street Festival Committee accepting grant applications
MADISON – When the Madison Street Festival closes on Oct. 1, the festival’s lasting influence will live on for months – even years – with community grants that the MSF Committee awards.
“Did you know that the Madison Street Festival has a MISSION? Our all-volunteer committee works all year long planning two things to accomplish our mission as a non-profit,” MSF Committee President Crystal McBrayer said. The two items? An enjoyable event and community grants.
“MSF’s mission is to provide a free, fun day of family entertainment that unites the community as they enjoy arts and culture, interactive exhibits and entertainment,” McBrayer said.
In addition, MSF issues community grants to groups or individuals that provide educational opportunities and increase literacy in the community. “We strive to give money back to the community from hosting the festival,” she said.
By issuing community grants to deserving applicants, MSF intends to support students of all ages and abilities as they seek access to higher education or continuing education programs.
Grant applications are live now. To access an application, visit madisonstreetfestival.org, and click the “Grant” tab. The webpage lists qualifications and requirements that applicants must meet.
Application deadline is Oct. 31. After groups have submitted all forms, the MSF Grant Committee will start to review all submissions.
Keegan Mumaw serves as MSF Grant Committee Chair. “Keegan’s team reviews the grant applications; if the team accepts the request, they give a recommendation to MSF Board of Directors. The board then votes on the request and notifies successful grant requests,” McBrayer said.
“We typically give the grant money to the recipients after the first of the year at a City Council meeting,” McBrayer said.
The procedure for a grant application involves these steps:
- Groups can access grant applications annually. Visit madisonstreetfestival.org, and click the “Grants” tab.
- The MSF Grant Committee will consider only those grant applications that a group submits with the MSF website.
- Application deadline by 5 p.m. on Oct. 31. The committee will not consider applications received after Oct. 31.
- The MSF Grant Committee will review and evaluate all accepted applications and recommend the grant awards and dollar amounts to MSF Board of Directors.
- MSF Board of Directors will determine award recipients and dollar amounts.
- The MSF Grant Committee Chair will notify all award recipients by email with the date of a City Council meeting for grant presentations. If a representative does not attend that meeting, the MSF Committee will mail the award to the address on the application within five working days.
- The MSF Grant Committee Chair will email all applicants that the committee did not select for a grant.
- Groups or organizations that previously received a grant can apply for new grants. Those groups must submit a “Completion Form” for the former grant.
For more information, visit madisonstreetfestival.org/grant (or visit madisonstreetfestival.org, and click the “Grant” tab.).