Madison City Chess League searching for Executive Director
MADISON – Madison City Chess League or MCCL has announced a job opening.
MCCL has started its search for a new Executive Director to lead the non-profit organization as it celebrates its 10th-year anniversary in 2023. Ranae Bartlett has resigned from this position in which she worked since MCCL’s formation.
Founded in 2013, Madison City Chess League has hosted local and state chess events and supports students and teams that compete nationally in events that U.S. Chess sanctions.
MCCL’s Executive Director will be dedicated to the charitable and educational mission of teaching life skills through the game of chess to students in kindergarten through twelfth grade in North Alabama. The Executive Director works with school administrators and teachers, parents, along with corporate donors to grow chess as an educational tool.
The Executive Director has defined, primary areas of responsibility:
* Work with MCCL Board of Directors to carry on the organization’s vision.
* Oversee and report on MCCL’s results to the Board of Directors.
* Communicate with members with newsletters and social media.
* Engage in fundraising activities and events.
* Maintain existing membership and grow future membership.
* Plan and implement chess tournaments and chess camps throughout the year.
* Exercise responsible financial management and staff supervision, while promoting member satisfaction.
* Comply with corporate, legal and ethical standards.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and two years minimum of experience in management and leadership, preferably in the non-profit arena. The person needs fundraising experience.
The prospective director should have “a high level of intelligence and ability to work with students and adults. Knowledge of chess is helpful but not required,” according to the job description.
During tournaments, the part-time position requires some weekend work.
MCCL officials will negotiate salary with the successful candidate for an amount commensurate with level of experience for a part-time executive director.
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
To access the job description, visit madisonchess.com and click the graphic for “Latest News.”