Man critical after overnight fire
A Huntsville man was transported by HEMSI to Huntsville Hospital in critical condition after firefighters found him unconscious inside his burning apartment. Around 6:40 Saturday night Huntsville firefighter responded to an apartment fire on Spartacus Drive. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they realized someone was inside. They located Giles unconscious in the bedroom of his apartment and dragged him to safety. Huntsville Fire and Rescue District Chief Ronnie Dodson says “We have an investigator on the scene at this time and he’ll determine where the fire started and what caused it.” ” It will not be long before we know the location and cause of the fire”. No one else was injured; firefighters put out the flames before they spread to any other apartments.