YMCA Interim President/CEO named; other jobs open
MADISON –Heart of the Valley YMCA Board of Directors has announced the appointment of Jeffrey L. Collen as the nonprofit organization’s new interim President and Chief Executive Officer or CEO.
Collen, a YMCA professional for 36 years, began his new role on Sept. 1. Collen is replacing Jerry Courtney, who retired in August after nine years as president.
Heart of the Valley facilities include Southeast Family YMCA, Downtown YMCA and three Early Childhood Education Centers in Huntsville; Hogan Family YMCA in Madison; and YMCA Camp Cha-La-Kee in Guntersville.
Most recently, Collen served as Interim President/CEO of Jackson Metropolitan YMCA in Mississippi. During his career, he has held positions as CEO, Chief Financial Officer or CFO and Chief Operating Officer or COO for both for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Before YMCA work, Collen coached swimming and worked with many national champions, world-record holders and Olympian athletes.
Collen earned a Master of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. He has taught at Wisconsin, his alma mater; New Mexico State University, Las Cruces; Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas; and St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minn.
In addition, several jobs are open at Hogan Family YMCA in Madison:
* Child Watch Attendant — Supervises children in YMCA-member nursery for safety and well-being. Evening and weekend availability required. Pay: $10 – $11 per hour.
* Custodian — Seeking hard-working, responsible person to assist with facility and grounds’ cleanliness. Pay: $10 – $12 per hour.
* Group Fitness Instructor — Provides excellent guidance to YMCA members and guests. Appropriate certifications required. Pay: $15 – $20.
* Lifeguard – Creates safe, positive atmosphere for members and confirms YMCA policies. For job requirements, visit ymcahuntsville.org/job/lifeguard-madison. Pay: $11 – $13 per hour.
* Manager on Duty – Responsible for assisting in all aspects of membership and facility operations. Flexible schedule; evenings, weekends as needed. For job requirements, visit ymcahuntsville.org/job/member-services-representative-madison. Pay: $15 per hour.
*Membership Services Representative – Confirms excellent customer care to YMCA members and guests. Pay: $11 – $13 per hour.
* Swim Instructor — Ability to teach proper swim strokes and skills. Effectively communicate to individuals of all ages for a positive environment. Lifeguard certification required. Pay: $14 per hour.
Heart of the Valley YMCA’s office address is 238 Business Park Blvd.; Building 23B, Suite 101 in Madison. For more information, call 256-428-9622, ext. 3008 or visit ymcahuntsville.org.