Resorts on RTJ Golf Trail pamper guests for holidays
STATE OF ALABAMA – Holiday plans are shaping up in the Resort Collection across Alabama’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
From snow falling in Florence at Marriott Shoals Hotel to magnificent buffets at the Grand Hotel on Mobile Bay, the resorts offer traditions and new ideas for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
* Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Point Clear — Santa’s elves transform the Grand into a holiday wonderland. Bright-white lights and candy canes will cover the Grand’s magnificent oak trees to create Christmas memories for children of all ages.
Each building will have a decorated Christmas tree. (marriottgrand.com)
* Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel, Mobile — From Thanksgiving turkey to the MoonPie Drop on New Year’s Eve, Renaissance Riverview pampers its guests. New Year’s even offers a five-course meal with bruschetta, Caesar Salad, shrimp & pimento cheese grits, petite fillet, brownie-batter creme brule and champagne toast.
* Battle House Renaissance Hotel, Mobile — Originally opening in 1852, the historic Battle House never looks better than during the holidays. The elegant lobby invokes images of conversations among the South’s entrepreneurs and politicians of many decades past.
The Battle House gives a front-row seat to New Year Even’s MoonPie Drop. Rates start at $149 to $199 during the holidays. (renaissancebattlehouse.com)
* Auburn/Opelika Marriott Hotel at Grand National, Opelika — The area’s only Four Diamond hotel will be busy preparing Thanksgiving meals while construction crews add 90 more hotel rooms and a spa.
* Renaissance Montgomery Hotel — Chefs in Alabama’s capital city create mouthwatering breakfasts and brunches. Historic sites are nearby to learn about Alabama history. (pchresorts.com)
* Marriott Prattville at Capitol Hill, Prattville — Will you choose the salmon-and-shrimp entree or maybe Eggs Benedict? The chefs at Marriott in Prattville are stepping up their game to prepare feasts to remember. (pchresorts.com)
*Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort, Hoover — Settle into a cozy room and then savor some s’mores by the fireside. Escape to Central Alabama’s only Four-Diamond resort and experience holidays at the Castle. (rossbridgeresort.com )
* Marriott Shoals Hotel, Florence — Daily snowstorms in the Deep South entertain guests from Thanksgiving to Christmas. For New Year’s Eve, the Marriott Shoals will have a re-vamped party space with a cool new vibe. FunkBrotherhood from Atlanta will entertain. Visit rtjresorts.com.