Kiwanis International starting new club in Madison, informational meeting planned for Feb. 1
MADISON – A new civic club focused on serving kids is coming to Madison.
The Alabama district of Kiwanis International is starting the club for the community. An informational meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at Madison Public Library, 142 Plaza Blvd.
Kiwanis members from around the state also will be in Madison next week (Jan. 29-Feb. 1) to talk with anyone interested in joining the new Madison club. The Kiwanis members will explain what clubs offer and the types of projects they undertake.
For more information, visit Facebook.com/MadisonALKiwanis or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time. The Kiwanis motto is “Serving the children of the world.”
The organization’s causes include health and nutrition, education and literacy, and youth leadership development.
Kiwanis objectives are:
• To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
• To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
• To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
• To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
• To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
• To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.